ThoughtPaths with Ken Wilson is a combination Resource and Blog site, a permanent work in progress. Discussion centers on Reformed Theology, Christian Life and Church Life, but spans Juggling, shooting, IT, Work, soon 30/40s sing dancing and more. An excerpt from the latest articles in several topic threads is listed below (in the form Topic Title: Article Title: Excerpt). Topic areas are listed by most recent activity, with the most current first. Select an article to read it, along with any associated comments. Select the Topic Title in its sidebar menu to read all articles and comments for that thread.
Select Complete Articles by Date to display all articles in traditional chronological blog format.
We also collect links and feeds from other interesting sites, mostly in the areas of the Reformed Faith and the Reformed Baptist denomination.
Now to set the Blog mood in the best way I can think of, a litte Frankie Manning, the defacto creator of East Coast Swing. He is in his 80s here…
- Evaluation I read the author’s intent as including several overarching goals, some stated and some implied. The first stated goal is to show that the Bible is a form of literature. This is proven by the full spectrum of literary forms that are used consistently across most Scriptural genres, in both the Old and New […]Read More »
- Scripture states that the real struggling that is occurring as life plays out is one of Spiritual Warfare. The events of this world occur in the context of this battle playing out. The secular world writes this off as foolishness, as we would expect, since our Lord has said “But a natural man does not […]Read More »
- How to Read the Bible as Literature by Dr. Leland Ryken is a call to all those engaged in Bible study to included literary analysis in their interpretive methodology and to allow a more complete personal engagement with the Biblical text.Read More »
- The theme from a well know hymn, and a clear message in countless Scripture passages, regardless of the circumstances. Again in Psalm 40:16 we have “rejoice and be glad…” But as I noted in Confusion of Focus, we often don’t. We are mired in worldly circumstance, at times even including the circumstances of relationship with […]Read More »
- There is no one like Bob Newhart. Here is a little clip to make you smile, if not laugh out loud…Read More »
- Frankie danced and taught up until his death in his mid 90s. He never stopped swinging and sharing. This also includes Frankie’s long time partner Norma Miller, who remains alive and kicking…Read More »
- My recent experiences led me to recall an interesting ecclesiastical puzzle that a friend brought up some time ago and that I have observed several times in congregations. Case 1: The Pastor of a protestant church (I have no Catholic experience to offer) announces that he has been ‘called’ to a new church and will […]Read More »
- A good friend, who follows my blogging drivel, dropped me an email one day that got me to thinking (yes, I know that is a shocking revelation). He commented that a certain situation that he was aware of was, in his words, “figuring in your rants”. He was correct, but what it made me think […]Read More »